In honor of Mother’s Day today, I wanted to post this fun little instagram shot mom and I snatched this past weekend at a wedding. Happy Mother’s Day momma!
With Spring in full bloom and Summer just around the corner, I’ve been thinking about ways to “clean up” and simplify my life with the changing of the seasons (…”Spring cleaning”, if you will! ha.) So I’ve decided to share a few ways I’ve been trying to simplify my life recently:
- Get rid of clothes I NEVER wear. This creates more room in my closet for the clothes that I actually DO wear….and my closet just looks cleaner! (less IS more in this case!)
- I don’t need 4 pairs of skinny leg white jeans – right?! I’ve been donating duplicates of certain pairs of clothing since I don’t need more than one of the same (general) item
- Do we really need 6 shades of hot pink lipstick? I know I don’t! I’ve been throwing out all my color duplicates and/or giving them away to friends
- Moving things to storage….I’ve packed up, labeled, and moved a few things into storage that I don’t need cluttering my small apartment. But I’ve made sure to label them so that they’re easy to find once I do need them!
- I’ve started using an editorial calendar for my blog and trying my best to actually PLAN out the week ahead. You should do the same for YOUR week – penciling in time for friends, relaxing, significant others, cleaning, exercise (eek!) and etc.
How are you simplifying your life this Spring/Summer?!
Brighton Your Day
Get exclusive content, sale items, and lots of fun stuff, straight to your inbox!