Happy Thanksgiving week, friends! I’m feeling all the good feels right now as I think about being with family and people I love over the Thanksgiving holiday. I try my best to walk through life every day with a grateful heart, but that’s why I love Thanksgiving so much – to remind us all to stop and take a minute to really think about what we have in life and express some gratitude. So, that’s what I thought I’d write today’s post about! I’ve had a crazy 2019 with lots of changes so I especially wanted to take a sec to be intentional about expressing gratitude!
Also! Because it’s the week of Thanksgiving and a lot of us will be spending extra time in the kitchen, I put together a little playlist to cook to! It’s upbeat, will keep you entertained and I just think cooking is way more fun when you have great music playing in the background. :)
Thanksgiving 2019: What I’m Grateful For
- Duncan – Y’all know I have to put him at the top of this list! He’s changed my life for the better and I can’t wait to marry him in January! Here’s our engagement story if you missed it!
- New friends in Denver – One of the hardest things about leaving Dallas was saying goodbye to all my friends and the network I’d built there, but things are really looking up in Denver and so far I’ve met some amazing people!
- A roof over my head – When I first moved into our new house I felt myself complaining a lot about how it wasn’t perfect and listing off all the changes I wanted to make, but I’m so incredibly thankful to have a place to call home where Duncan and I can build a life together. It’s definitely something I never want to take for granted.
- God’s presence in my life – This goes without saying, but I’ll always be grateful for God’s guidance and presence in my life – especially during times of change like this las year.
- My family – I’m so incredibly grateful to have my family. We’re all so close and play such big roles in each other’s lives and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
- My niece – Obviously my niece Keller is a part of my family, but I had to give her a special shoutout because she’s definitely opened up a different piece of my heart that I’ll forever recognize and be thankful for.
- Support from friends and family and help with the wedding – There’s no way I could plan a wedding in like 6-7 months without the support of my family (this includes Duncan’s family too!) and friends. Everyone has been AMAZING and SO helpful.
- My health – This is probably one of the things I take for granted the most and I really want to get better about honoring my good health and being thankful for it daily. Without it I couldn’t live my life the way I do, so definitely grateful for it.
- YOU – I hope y’all know how grateful I am for you being here and sticking around through all my different stages in life. I know sometimes I complain about too many DMs or having to answer the same question multiple times but at the end of the day, none of that matters because I get to do what I love because of YOU. THANK YOU for giving me that privilege – it means the world to me!
Outfit Details: Topshop Crewneck Sweater (wearing size xs) // Good Legs High Waist Skinny Jeans (wearing size 0) // Treasure & Bond
Thanksgiving Cooking Playlist
What are y’all thankful for this year?
Brighton Your Day
Get exclusive content, sale items, and lots of fun stuff, straight to your inbox!