Hi friends! This week went surprisingly fast – and we’re half-way through April. WOW. Duncan and I are getting used to our new normal – working together, cooking together, and stretching together :). He even wrote his first blog post that I’m excited to share with you all next week!
Today, I’m rounding up everything that happened at BTD this week. If you missed a few things throughout the week – just check out below.
- This week I started out with a Spring Cleaning post. If you’re taking this quarantine time to deep clean and organize, then this is the post for you. I share ways to organize your pantry, 18 ways to get more organized, links for containers and more. If this post spoke to you, keep an eye out on stories over the next couple of weeks. Go Clean Co and I will be deep cleaning parts of my house. Tune in for some tips and tricks!
- Have ya’ll started doing certain rituals over the last couple of weeks? I love doing a few of the same things each day. It gives me a sense of normalcy. Check out the Rituals Duncan and I Have Together post for some ideas on what to incorporate into your daily lives. You could sit down for 5 minutes in the morning with a cup of coffee or stretch at night with your partner. Check out the post for a full list of my rituals.
- For those of you that are taking your skincare routine up a notch during quarantine, this face mask post is for you. A face mask is an easy way to hydrate or exfoliate. I’ve listed out my go-to masks (all under $75!). Try a few out and let me know what you think!
- Yesterday I posted two posts. The first was a how-to guide for extending a blow-out. I’ve been trying to not wash my hair as often right now. I think its a great way to let me hair rest, repair and grow. With that said, I still want my hair to look great. This post shares my tips and tricks for extending a blow-out.
- The last post of the week is the Sephora sale post. I shared what the sale is and my favorite items. The sale is happening over the next couple of weeks. Its a great time to try something new, buy that hair tool you’ve been eyeing or stock up on the beauty products you’ve run out of.
My outfits this week consisted of lounge and workout outfits. I think one of the best things during quarantine is all the comfy clothes I’ve been wearing. Check out below for some outfit inspiration.
Tie-Dye Crewneck Sweatshirt (wearing size xs) // Performance Joggers (wearing size xs) // Dakota Slipper (fits true to size)
Paloma Sports Bra (wearing size xs) // Airlift High Waist 7/8 Leggings (wearing size xs) // Ultraboost Running Shoe (fits true to size)
Twist Around Dip Dye Tank Top (wearing size xs) // Live In High Waist Leggings (wearing size xs)
Jaimie Crewneck Sweatshirt (wearing size xs) // 90s Runner Shorts (wearing size xs) // Microfiber Bowtie Headband
I’ve had to get creative with my workouts since being stuck at home. I’ve been sharing my workouts on stories throughout the week. If you’re in need of some inspiration or a full-workout plan, check out my workout highlight.
At the beginning of the year I made a goal to read the entire bible from front to back. I’ve never read it all the way through and have felt called to do so. Currently I’m in the book of Jeremiah. If you are interested in following along, here’s what I’ve been doing: each day, I read the scripture for that day in the Bible app. Then, I listen to the corresponding podcast using the podcast app. Below is the step-by-step instruction on how to use the tools I’ve been using to help me in my goal.
Random Things You Might Have Missed
I’ve had lots of questions about Duncan’s coffee routine. He’s been using this coffee lately. He loves this coffee maker I got him for Christmas. And this is the coffee grinder he uses. Would it be helpful for me to write a blog post?
I shared an easy salad with shrimp recipe that I’ve been making for lunch recently. I posted a video on my IG feed if you want to try it out.
This week I shared the self tanner I use and how I apply. Basically, I use this mitt to apply the self tanner to my entire body (including my face). I leave it on for 2-3 hours then rinse it off before bed. It’s that easy!
Last weekend I shared this cocktail recipe. I’ve been missing the cocktail from Matsuhisa so I decided to try it on my own. Check out below for recipe details.
Lastly, I shared on stories and want to repeat it – THANK YOU! These are strange times and I’m trying to navigate the best I can – whether thats giving you recipe ideas, cleaning advice or just providing comical entertainment. Thank you for supporting me and my business. Ya’ll are the best!
Brighton Your Day
Get exclusive content, sale items, and lots of fun stuff, straight to your inbox!
Thank you for subscribing!