Last week, I traveled with the kids to Sea Island, Georgia for a fun family vacation. I don’t care where you go, getting to spend quality time with your family and seeing your kids make memories together is actual heaven on earth — although Sea Island was pretty great too. ;) I’m planning to put together a quick recap of our trip for the blog… but that’s not what this post is about.
This post is solely dedicated to the PACKING HACK I decided to try for this trip. All I can say is wow. I don’t know where this trick has been my whole life, but it is a game changer.
The gist of this hack is that you use hanging organizers to pack all of your outfits. I initially planned to just do this for the kiddos, but after I did it for them, I used the second organizer (it comes in a pack of two) for myself!
My Thoughts On the Viral Packing Hack
Here are my thoughts on this hack and a good alternative if you’re planning to only do carry-on:
• I really liked that it forced me to think through every outfit we would wear on the trip so I didn’t overpack or end up bringing one-off items that took up space.
• It was so easy to take out when we got to our house. I just hung the organizer up on the door and could easily grab an entire outfit for myself or the kids without scrambling through drawers to find what would work.
• I didn’t have enough room for all of my outfits since my clothes are bigger so I packed my daytime outfits, workout clothes, swimsuits and coverups, and pajamas in the organizer, and then shoes, socks, undergarments, and night outfits went in other small travel bags I have.
• Because I’m a bit short, I did struggle to get the organizer hung up on the top of the door, but I don’t think this would be a problem for most people. ;)
• I got some questions about whether or not this hanging organizer would fit in a carry-on, and I don’t think it would to be honest (I don’t ever do carry-on). But someone DM’d me this version that’s smaller than the one I bought. They said it fits in an Away carry-on easily!
I’ve linked some of my other favorite travel items from Amazon here, including the pouches I use to organize everything in my carry-on luggage and the portable charger I refuse to travel without. If you try this hack, be sure to let me know how it works for you. I seriously don’t think I’ll travel without doing this again! It’s that helpful.
Brighton Your Day
Get exclusive content, sale items, and lots of fun stuff, straight to your inbox!