Hi friends! I hope everyone is having a good weekend. Duncan and I are purging more items, watching a few Netflix shows and relaxing. What are your plans?
I feel like I’m starting to get the hang of this cooking thing. I even made chicken piccata without a recipe this week for lunch. This week I’m going to try a few new recipes and repeat a few of our favorites.
What I’m Cooking This Week:
Sunday: Tuna Steaks with Cucumber Relish (BBC Good Food)
This looks SO good. It’s a dish that I would order at a restaurant. And I’m not gonna lie, I’m nervous to make this last home because it could totally flop but I want to try! I’ll let you know how it goes!
Monday: Simple Garlic Shrimp (Tasty.co)
This is one of the first recipes I tried when I started cooking a few weeks ago (or maybe it has been a couple of months now?). It’s SO good and pretty simple to make! Make sure you get the shrimp already pealed though! I’m sure I’ll pair this with a side salad and maybe some cauliflower mash – not sure yet!
Tuesday: Creamy Tuscan Chicken (Delish)
If you’ve been following BTD for the last few months, then you’ve probably heard about this recipe. It’s one of Duncan and I’s favorite recipes. We usually serve it over a simple spaghetti squash.
Wednesday: One Pan Balsamic Chicken & Veggies (Chelsea Messy Apron)
This is a new recipe for me this week. It looks pretty simple to make plus I already have most of the ingredients in my fridge. I’m excited that I can make it all in one pan – I love recipes that don’t create a lot of dishes to clean up.
Thursday: Slow Cooker Short Rib Ragu Over Pappardelle (The Defined Dish)
I mean, I usually try to be healthy but this dish by Alex of the Defined Dish looked so darn good that I *had* to add it to this week’s plan! How amazing does this look? So excited to try this one out! Plus, I just love anything with a slow cooker because it’s so easy!
Ingredients & Shopping List
DOWNLOAD GROCERY LIST HERE. I created a grocery list organized by area of the grocery store because I know that always helps me!
Tuna Steaks with Cucumber Relish (Recipe)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tuna steaks
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 large red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp lime juice
Simple Garlic Shrimp (Recipe)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined with tails removed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Creamy Tuscan Chicken (Recipe)
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp. dried oregano
3 tbsp. butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
3 c. baby spinach
1/2 c. heavy cream
1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
Lemon wedges, for serving
One Pan Balsamic Chicken and Veggies (Recipe)
- 6 tablespoons basalmic vinegar
- 1/2 cup zesty Italian dressing (fat free is great)
- 1.25 pounds chicken tenders (or breasts)
- 2 heads broccoli
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional: fresh parsley, salt and pepper
Slow Cooker Short Rib Ragu Over Pappardelle (Recipe)
- 2 lbs. bone in short ribs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup finely diced carrot (1 large carrot)
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery (1 stalk of celery)
- 1/2 cup finely diced yellow onion (1/2 onion)
- 1/4 lb. hunk of pancetta, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper (i like to use 1/2 tsp. for a little more heat)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1/4 cup red wine (cabernet preferably)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp. anchovy paste
- 28oz. can of whole, peeled tomatoes (preferably San Marzano Tomatoes)
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped basil
- 12oz. pappardelle pasta (or tagliatelle is good)
Brighton Your Day
Get exclusive content, sale items, and lots of fun stuff, straight to your inbox!
Thank you for subscribing!