Good morning friends and happy Monday! I thought I’d switch it up today and instead of talking about my outfit, I wanted to share 5 (very random) things I’ve been loving lately. Talking about clothes is fun (most of the time), but sometimes I just don’t feel like it (aka today) and would rather talk about anything but. Plus, I’m hoping that the list of 5 things I share below will be more a better conversation-starter than merely talking about this outfit. Am I right? Whatever the case, chime in and join the conversation in the comments! What have you been loving and can you relate to anything on my list?!
5 Things I’ve Been Loving Lately
1. Wearing Dresses & Booties (like this dress & booties combo I’m wearing in today’s post) – Since it’s been so hot in Dallas, I’ve been pretty limited with what I can actually wear. And to be honest, it’s been extremely frustrating. I put up my summer clothes ages ago and I’ve been looking forward to wearing all my fun, cozy and warm Fall sweaters. But the reality of the situation has been that I’ve only been able to wear them while traveling because it’s FREAKING 80 degrees (and mostly humid!) in Dallas. So lately I’ve been resorting to an easy dress and booties – because otherwise, I’m tempted to wear shorts and an XL tee shirt (w/ tennis shoes since my sandals are packed up) but this is a comfortable alternative that I’ve been living in.
2. Brain Dumping – With business and just my blog in general, I go through “phases”. I’ve got a few different “phases” that I go through including: (1) a “planning” phase, (2) a “crank it out” phase, (3) “dreaming” phase and then sometimes (4) an “I don’t care about anything” (aka burnt out) phase every now and again too. And I tend to cycle between these 4 phases in no particular order. Lately I’ve been going through a “dreaming” phase and although it has been super exciting to think about, but can also be a little overwhelming too. When I’m in the “dreaming” phase, I do A LOT of “brain dumping” because it’s the only way I know how to handle all the zillion thoughts and ideas running through my head. It’s such a freeing exercise and one I end up doing at least once every single day – no matter what “phase” I’m currently going through. Have you tried it slash have you ever heard of it? I’ve been playing around with the idea of doing a blog post all about it and how to get the most out of it too! Would y’all want to read that? (UPDATE: I wrote a blog post on brain-dumping! Read all about it here)
3. L’Oréal Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation (shade 207) – A few weeks ago while I was in Vermont, I snap-chatted a before and after photo of me wearing this foundation to show you how well it worked. And since then I’ve gotten a few questions asking what that “foundation was that I snapchatted”. Well, I’m still loving it and so I wanted to take this opportunity to bring it back up again. If you haven’t tried this foundation, you should give it a try! Like I said, I’m LOVING it and have been really impressed with itIt’s also available on Amazing if you’re a prime junkie like me. I’ve been using shade 207 which is like the 4th shade-ish; there are 9 shades total.
4. Bumble & Bumble Thickening Mousse – Remember when I was in Seattle and snap-chatted about that thickening mousse that I loved so much? I also wrote about it in my tips for voluminous hair blog post. Anyway, I used it Saturday night after not using it for a few weeks and was reminded (yet again) of how stinkin’ awesome it is. Even when I know a product works, there’s something about taking a break from it and then going back that makes the goodness surprising all over again! Needless to say, it works really well for achieving volume and height – especially at the roots.
5. Aveda Air Control Hairspray – I got my hair cut last week and was reminded by how much I love this stuff – and how good it smells! I’ve mentioned before that I only get my hair cut at Aveda salons; I don’t know, I just really like the way they cut my hair and think they’re really good. The girl that cuts my hair, Jennifer* used Aveda’s Air Control hairspray and I was reminded of how much I loved it. I used to be OBSESSED with it back in high school and college. like, I was addicted. It got to the point where my friends would recognize me by the smell of it (ha!). But anyway, I just bought another bottle and have been using it for the past week and am falling in love all over again!
*I go to Michael Raymond Salon in Mockingbird Station for those of you in Dallas and I think Jennifer is AMAZE! If you want details on where I get my hair colored, check out this blog post!
Shop The Post: Dress: Lush Bell Sleeve Dress (also love this color in the dress too! and this dress.) // Shoes: Sam Edelman Booties // Scarf: BP. Plaid Scarf (sold out, similar HERE ) // Hat: Floppy Felt Hat // Sunglasses: Ray-Ban Original Aviator
Brighton Your Day
Get exclusive content, sale items, and lots of fun stuff, straight to your inbox!