The end of summer is always bittersweet, isn’t it? Summer is just a happy time in general and it’s sad to see it go, but it’s always good to feel (especially in Texas weather)—fall arrive. I’m sure I’ll be dreaming of warm, care-free days come November though, so I’ve been doing my best to savor the end of summer.
I went on a picnic with a girlfriend recently and it was so cute slash so much fun! We just picked up takeout food and found an adorable courtyard to hangout and eat in…and talk and talk. And speaking of adorable, isn’t this gingham dress so cute? I got it a few weeks ago and have already worn it to multiple outings – I just love it. My Keds were perfect because I wasn’t sure what terrain we’d be in (grass, dirt?), and they seemed comfy for a picnic. Plus, I love how it makes this dress more casual and relaxed. I can’t wait to style the dress with a leather jacket and booties come fall, too!
20 Things To Do Before Summer Ends
This picnic got me thinking about other ways to celebrate the last weeks of summer. Here are more ideas I’m trying to cross-off before fall hits:
- Take advantage of summer peaches and bake a pie or cobbler.
- Go on a long bike ride to grab ice cream.
- Invite a friend over for morning coffee outside – might need bug spray for this one, but still the idea sounds nice :)
- Spend time laying on the grass watching the stars.
- One final lazy Sunday (champagne-filled) brunch.
- BBQ kebabs + corn.
- Go swimming!
- Attend a baseball game.
- Find a summer fair – or I could just wait until the Texas State Fair in October. My friends and I always go every year during the TX vs. OU weekend :) It’s so much fun and I always end up seeing people I know!
- Make homemade popsicles
- Take advantage of bright mornings with a sunrise stroll.
- Finish a light summer read – I don’t EVER read fiction, but I think it might be nice to sit by the pool one day and ‘breeze’ through an easy read where I’m not tempted to pull out my notebook and highlighters (which is what I usually do with the books I typically read)
- Plan an outdoor workout with girlfriends.
- Nap in the shade – I want to get one of those eno hammocks!
- Go to a Farmer’s Market
- Grab (more!) drinks on a patio – see some (but definitely NOT all!) of my favorite spots in Dallas in this blog post
- See live music outside – I’m more into the intimate concert setting. Have you seen anyone good lately? I just discovered this new way to see up and coming artists – it’s called “SO FAR” – have you heard of it? It’s SO COOL! I want to tell you more about it but for now I just want to know if any of you have ever heard of it?
- Go on a boat – I want to go sailing out on Whiterock lake! Dallas peeps, have you ever done that?!
- Get a mani/pedi with the brightest shade of pink.
- Shop for end-of-summer sales. Had to!
Shop The Post
A little bit about ModCloth and their amazing selection. ModCloth is a retailer that strives to accommodate every woman and every body type. They meticulously curate clothes from a wide range of independent designers that are not only on trend, but available in all sizes. WHAT empowerment ya’ll this company is all about looking good and feeling good in your clothes.
What do y’all have on your summer to-do list still?
Brighton Your Day
Get exclusive content, sale items, and lots of fun stuff, straight to your inbox!
Thank you for subscribing!