Pretty sure we can all agree that winter is the worst month when it comes to getting dressed. Right?! Between it being freezing outside (yes, Dallas weather is cold to me!), darker nights, layering, and all the things, I’m kinda unmotivated this time of year. Just being honest!
When I get in one of those funks, I either try to switch up my style or I go through my older outfits. I literally forget how easy it is to pair certain things together, but I turn to younger Brighton to remind me ;)
If y’all are feeling in a funk or just want some more winter outfit ideas, here are 25 of my faves from previous seasons (but still relevant today obvi)!
25 Winter Outfit Ideas
Put together a winter white look to switch things up this season! Head to my blog post on how to wear white jeans after Labor Day if you want more outfit inspiration for wearing white in winter!
I love switching up my usual blue and black jeans with some grey jeans during the Winter. If you’re looking for more outfit inspiration to put together a similar look, check out my blog post on Ways to Wear Grey Jeans.
You can find more outfit ideas with a leather mini skirt over on the outfit guide!
When I find the right dress, I love pairing over the knee boots with it! I especially love this look with sweater dresses – although I’ve personally found those hard to come across (maybe because I’m pretty short so they’re all long on me!)
I love layering a striped turtleneck under a chunkier one to create a fun and interested layered look like this one I wore in Lake Tahoe a few years back!
Or if you’re looking for more outfit ideas with rain boots, you can checkout rain boots outfit ideas via The Outfit Guide!
I love putting together athleisure looks because that’s mostly what I wear each day since I work from home! For more outfit inspiration along the same lines check out my blog post on how to pull of the athelisure look!
Related: Ways to Wear Leather Leggings
I mentioned this last week on my instagram, but I LOVE a good blazer and turtleneck combo! It’s one of my absolute favorite looks for Winter. I also wore something similar (but with a cardigan) last week on the blog in this winter date night outfit!
Get any outfit ideas from these looks?! Which one was your favorite?! I’d love to know!!
I want to start doing more of these round-up type posts with y’all because I think they’re really helpful and especially fun to put together! I’d love to hear some feedback or if you have any specific outfit ideas you need for an occasion coming up!
5 Winter Pieces I Can’t Stop Wearing
So since all of these outfits are old and can’t really be shopped at the moment, I thought it might be fun to round up the winter items I’ve been wearing ON REPEAT this season. Literally, I can’t get enough of these items and I’m keeping the list small to ONLY 5 ITEMS. I love every single one of them.
- My short UGG boots – I know, I know….but as far as I’m concerned UGGS are still cool and cute and I wear mine like at least 3x a week. so whoever said they aren’t cool anymore is WRONG. I’m a huge fan!
- This furry teddy jacket – I love it for so many reasons. I talked about it on stories last week but seriously, it’s amazing. In fact, I’m wearing it right this second as I finish up this blog post! I think the part I love best is that it’s shorter so I can wear it with leggings and when it’s like 40 degrees 9it’s more casual sine it’s shorter). AND the sleeves are a little roomy so I can layer it over a chunky sweater. THIS IS KEY. Just trust me on this one, okay?!
- This cashmere scarf. Now hear me out. I know you might hear cashmere and get scared away, but TRUST ME ON THIS ONE. I have bought so many fake/faux/blended cashmere scarves and none of them compare to the real thing. Literally, it’s like the jean shorts I told y’all about in my summer essential post last year – I’ve bought so many scarves that aren’t the real deal and then bought the real deal and wondered why I waited so long. This is something worth splurging on! I threw away ALL my other scarves and bought this one in 3 different colors – I’m dead serious.
- These commando leather leggings – I’ve been raving about these for like EVER. Remember when I wrote an entire blog post about why I love them so much?! In that post I styled them 3 different ways for Thanksgiving last year! But if you prefer the Spanx ones, those are great too! I just think having a pair to wear with tunic sweaters is a great option for winter outfits!
- This long sleeve comfy tee – I have a lot of really cute tops but I end up wearing the simplest ones in my closet the most because they’re easy to layer with and create new outfits. I love this one by halogen and have it in the black and then black and white stripes. I think it’s 100% essential to have a crewneck, long-sleeve tee for putting together cute winter outfits!
Brighton Your Day
Get exclusive content, sale items, and lots of fun stuff, straight to your inbox!
Thank you for subscribing!