With Fall being just around the corner and fall outfits on my mind, I wanted to dedicate a post to my go-to fall favorites when it comes to putting outfits together. I tried to keep it as simple as possible and honestly, I’m already kicking myself for not including a few things BUT I think this is a pretty good list of a few of the items I tend to grab most regularly when I start dressing for cooler temps!
1. BASIC WHITE TANK – I have 3 of this same exact top because I wear it so much. I know it sounds silly, but I like to always have one clean – especially since I’ve been traveling a lot. I can’t emphasize how amazing this top is and how useful it has been for me! And for $26?! Get it in black too and I promise you won’t regret it!
2. BLACK SLEEVELESS TOP – Have this top in 5 colors (really though) and it’s a great staple for layering and to just for everyday putting together outfits.
3. STRIPED TEE – I mean, do I even need to mention this one? SUCH a must.
4. UTILITY JACKET – if you’ve been following along then you know I wear this babe on the REG – it’s SUCH a cute one! And you can see I’ve styled it several ways on my insta but also in this post from the NSALE
5. COGNAC LEATHER WALLET – I can’t get enough cognac leather in the fall and year round actually! I’m currently on the hunt for the perfect cognac leather wallet and the tory burch ones are up there on my list. I’m also looking at a few prada ones too…any suggestions?
6. LEOPARD FLATS – I love adding pops of leopard to my fall outfits. Another GREAT fall wardrobe staple that I often incorporate into my weekend fall looks is this clare vivier leopard clutch (such a great piece!) Another great leopard accent is to incorporate the print with a leopard print scarf or a button up cardigan!
7. NEUTRAL PLAID SCARF – a great piece to have when you’re looking to mix things up or add a little print to your otherwise all-solids fall look. Also, scarves keep ya warm too ;)
8. Brown tall boots – snagged these during the #NSALE and the color is perfect! AND they’re super comfy! I love them! See them on from this past outfit I posted during the sale! Plus, I’ll be wearing them a lot once the weather cools down.
9. SUEDE MINI SKIRT – I bought size 24, which is a size down from what I usually wear in denim. I LOVE the way this skirt fits! It’s absolutely adorable on!
10. DARK WASH DENIM (under $100!) – these jeans are my go-to pair for everyday AND weekend wear. They’re so comfy and the rise is just
12. NEUTRAL SWEATER – I literally just ordered this exact sweater in 3 colors (no joke). I already have it in blush pink and love! It’ll be a great starter piece for putting together cute fall outfits!
Of all the items, I’d say I wear skirts the least often but that’s because I like to sit criss-cross-apple-sauce when I work lol. All in all, I think having a suede mini or cute leather mini skirt (or black denim too!) is a great alternative when you’re wanting to mix up your go-to jeans look! Speaking of suede, did you see this adorable suede dress (it’s $88) that I wore here?! I think it would be such a cute look for upcoming football games and tailgating!
And then while we’re on the topic of fall favorites, I thought I’d mention a few other items I forgot to include in the collage…
In addition to cognac ankle booties, it’s nice to have a lighter option for outfits where cognac doesn’t work as well. These are a great staple as well and are under $100. If you’d rather get leather, I LOVE these and wear them SO OFTEN (I’ve had them for 4 years and still pull them out every season and they’re also under $100!)
Another item I forgot to mention is BLACK JEANS! I have a pair of solid regular black jeans and then a pair of distressed ones and love having black as an alternative to regular denim. Also, it’s easier to dress black jeans up for going out with friends and such! I have the AG ones but they’re a bit pricey ($225), so I’ll recommend a few other options that I’ve tried on and think are great alternatives: topshop, articles of society
Brighton Your Day
Get exclusive content, sale items, and lots of fun stuff, straight to your inbox!
Thank you for subscribing!