I’ve missed these round-up posts. In fact, I’ve missed a lot of things lately. You might have noticed, I’ve been doing a lot of traveling lately. And yes, it’s awesome and yes I’m having a blast for SURE. But you guys, sometimes the nonstop-ness of traveling can be hard on the soul. I haven’t been to church in over a month. I hate admitting that, but it’s true. And I haven’t really had time for my friends or bible studies and I’m just sort of feeling a bit weathered, to say the least.
I’m going to Vichy, France tomorrow. And although I’m SO STOKED to go, I’m also (already) excited slash looking forward to getting back home to Dallas and have an ENTIRE week here. I want to get back on a schedule, actually work out, and maybe even spend time with some of my friends too.
Oh, and you know another thing about traveling a lot? It makes me live in a constant state of putting-out-fires mode if that makes sense? And it makes me super selfish because I start to operate like everything revolves around me since I don’t have “margin” in my life. Does that make sense? And do you feel that way when you’re in putting-out-fires mode?
I don’t mean to use this space to complain (although I guess that’s what I’m doing). But I really just wanted to confess and be honest with y’all. Because I think sometimes the traveling lifestyle of bloggers can “seem” so glamorous. And although it totally is, it’s also pretty hard! And so I hope that shines some light into the truth and reality of the situation. You know me, I’m all about being open, honest, and vulnerable with y’all. And I never want my life or anything that I do to be a false representation of the truth.
Behind the Scenes + What’s Going On
On another note, let’s talk about what’s up in life and on BTD:
- Closet Reveal (!!) – YOU GUYS. I’m so excited for this!! IF all goes as planned (fingers crossed!), I’m going to shoot my closet tomorrow and hopefully share on the blog next week. Woohoo!!
- Vichy, France this week – tomorrow headed there and SO EXCITED to see this historical (WWII) town and learn about the history. I’m going with a beauty brand to learn more about their product and process – SO EXCITED. The last trip I went on like this was when I went to Bordeaux, France with Grey Goose and it was one of my FAVORITE trips ever because I absolutely loved learning about the history of Grey Goose and the story behind the brand and the complicated process behind making the vodka.
- Packing Post No. 2 – If all goes as planned, I’m going to write and finish my second post for the packing series (woohoo!!). The last post was such a hit with y’all so I’m stoked to give y’all some more value in the packing department :) It should go live this Friday.
- Another Faith Post – A few weeks ago, I posted about comparison and I’ve felt a tug on my heart to revisit this topic but under the lens of my faith this time. I didn’t really address my faith at all in that blog post but I’ve been wanting to dig into the topic again and talk about how I take this struggle a step further and apply scripture to the issue – in addition to tackling my negative self-talk (like I talked about in that post).
- Charleston Itinerary – Did you see we did our trip itinerary and posted all the spots we went and I shared a lot of my outfit details too from that trip in our round-up post!
- Cancun Diary (this week) – Working on rounding up all my outfits from last week’s trip to Cancun. Did you see the photos and snapchats? I’ll be rounding all that up!
- Content Suggestions – It’s been awhile since I’ve asked for recommendations for y’all on content. Anything you’re itching for me to write about or cover on BTD?
@BrightonKeller Instagram Round-up
Without further adieu, let’s get into the round-up! Here’s what I’ve been posting on Instagram lately and all my outfit details:
I think this is one of my favorite outfits to do. Not because it’s anything special but because it’s just literally SO ME. I love how comfy, laid-back, and chic the look is. And plus, it’s super cute too (in my opinion!), so it’s a win-win!
Outfit Details: Articles of Society Sarah Skinny Jeans (fit TTS) // BP. Twist Front Tee (wearing XXS – LOVE) // Free People Days Like This Cardigan (honestly – such a great find!) // Vince Camuto Peep Toe Bootie (order 1/2 size down! but such a great transitional bootie!)
Is it obvious how much I love this top you guys? I also got it in the white color! It’s just SUCH a good find if you ask me and looks cute tucked in OR untucked like this! We took these photos while in Charleston – did you see our trip recap post we did last week?! It was SUCH a fun adventure and I LOVED all the food – omg.
OK, another one I’m obsessed with! This is another that I also got in another color – I got the black. I’m wearing size XS and LOVE how it fits – the texture of the fabric is so pretty! Plus, it’s only $39! If you want to see more photos of this top, check out my blog post on my favorite trends for Spring 2017 where I feature this outfit!
Such a cute and fun OTS top don’t you think?! I love the ruffle detailing! And how fun are these Dee Keller heels?! I also wore them in this blog post about spring work wear.
Posted about this tank because I just saw that it was restocked this season in multiple color and in all sizes. It’s such a fun and easy Spring & Summer staple! Plus, it’s $30 – which is such a great price!
Outfit Details: Topshop Swing Camisole (wearing size US 2) // Free People Cardigan // Articles of Society Skinny Jeans // Felina Strapless Bra // Gorjana Pendant Necklace // Karen Walker Super Duper Sunglasses // Gorjana ‘Chloe’ Earrings
Dani (my roomie) and I spent the entire day together last Saturday in Dallas and it was SO FUN. We went on like a 2-hour walk at Katy Trail and had a blast enjoying the sunshine and just each other’s company. I got this sports bra because I love that it was a little bit longer than a usual sports bra and the cut out detailing is so cute to me! I got size XS and love how it fits – I highly recommend it!
Here’s that peplum sleeve top again, y’all! LOVING IT if you can’t tell!! And I’ve never gotten purple tulips before, so this was a treat. I ended up loving having the little pop of color in my home!
CAN WE TALK ABOUT THESE EARRINGS?! I’m obsessed and have been wearing them nonstop!
Outfit Details: Chloe & Katie Peplum Tank (LOVING this cutie little top! Isn’t is so fun?!) // MOTHER Skinny Jeans // Free People Cardigan // Baublebar Summer Earrings // Gorjana ‘Chloe’ Necklace (SUCH a good basic y’all!)
I’m going to do my Cancun outfits separately, so stay tuned for that roundup coming super soon this week!
That’s all I’ve got for today loves! Xo, B
Cant wait to read your comments!!
Brighton Your Day
Get exclusive content, sale items, and lots of fun stuff, straight to your inbox!
Thank you for subscribing!