Maybe it’s just me, but I feel like parents (and especially in-laws) can be the *hardest* to shop for during the holidays! Anyone else agree?!
In my experience, when parents want something, they usually just buy it themselves and don’t “want” for a whole lot. This is why when I put this guide together I basically came up with three categories for gift ideas: 1.) Sentimental, like this personalized ornament or a framed family portrait. 2.) You can play on their hobbies – cooking for example. I love this cookbook and this super versatile pan. And 3.) Homey kind of vibes or something they’d use to entertain. Enter: the best wine bottle opener/preservation system ever or a chic welcome mat (love this one especially for in-laws!).
If you’re stuck on what to get your parents or in-laws, I feel you! But this should help! I tried to brainstorm ideas for various budgets and across those three categories I mentioned above. When in doubt, I’ve found a nice bottle of wine or a picture of you/your family never fails!
1. Coravin Model One Wine Bottle Opener & Preservation System – Such a great gift if your parents or in-laws don’t already have one! If they like fine wine, this allows them to have a glass without opening the bottle!
2. McGee & Co. Brass Frames – I actually included two different types of frames because I think pictures are *such* a great gift! I got a few of the photos from our wedding printed out and then I’m going to put in pretty frames for our parents!
4. Lake Pajama Set – I’ll probably have something from LAKE in several of my gift guides because I just can’t get enough of this brand – I love everything they make. I’ve had one set of pajamas by them for almost 2 years now and still love them just as much as when I got them. And I recently got some of their maternity stuff and it’s just AMAZING. If you’re wanting to get your mom (or MIL) something special, get her some of these!
8. Dyson Hot & Cool Bladeless Fan – might be quite the splurge BUT I wanted to include it because I think it would be such a great gift! Plus I think we need one for our home so it’s on our personal list too – ha! I should get this for Duncan since he likes it FREEZING at night.
11. McGee & Co. Welcome Mat – If you’re unsure of what to get, this is always a good go-to and is pretty budget-friendly.
14. Pressed Glass Photo Frame – We have a few of these throughout our home and I love the classic look!
15. Our Place “Always Pan” – This pan really is as great as everyone on IG says it is and would be perfect for anyone who loves to cook. We have two of them and use ALL the time!
Did I miss any really good gift ideas for parents? What’re you getting your parents or in-laws if you don’t mind sharing!?
Brighton Your Day
Get exclusive content, sale items, and lots of fun stuff, straight to your inbox!
Thank you for subscribing!