I’m so excited to kick off my year-long collaboration with Nordstrom Rack and to be a part of their ‘Shopping Genius” campaign. When they asked me to be a part of their efforts to get people excited about shopping like a ‘genius’ (and help with the additional store opening in Houston this October), I didn’t have to think twice! Duh….of course. I LOVE Nordstrom Rack – who doesn’t love a good discount on upscale brands like Kate Spade or Equipment?!
So naturally (and obviously), I said…YES please! And so here you have it my friends – my first post teaming up with Nordstrom Rack. For my first outfit, I’m wearing one of my favorites these days – a simple and slouchy “shirting top’ by Splendid – I scored this lady for a little over 30% off the typical price (#winning). And actually, I wore the same exact shirt in black here and posted about my love for these blouses back in 2012 in this post. And speaking of Splendid, I also love this striped blouse!
The theme for the month was to create an outfit (or two, in my case!) inspired by festival wear and summer brights – with a hint of global influence. And although I’m not quite your typical festival-goer, I do like to wear my fair share of grungy-ish (but more like relaxed….not sure I could EVER pull off cool-girl-grunge ) attire. And I’ve been LIVING in these (see outfit #2) J. Brand Misfit jeans lately!
Top: Splendid via Nordstrom Rack – shop all Splendid Tops (also love this Splendid Striped Jersey Tee too!) // Earrings: Kendra Scott // Shoes: Louise et Cie Olivia 2 Sandal via Nordstrom // Jeans: 2311 High Rise Jeans – shop all J. brand Jeans here // Lips: Stila stay-all-day lipstick
Top: Young, Fabulous & Broke via Nordstrom (Also love this Lavender Ombre maxi dress , this one in pink, Tassel Hem tie dye dress, Tie Dye Tank Dress) // Jeans: J. Brand Skinny ankle ‘Misfit’ jeans // Sunglasses: Ray Ban Aviators via Nordstrom // Shoes: Trouve Raley Cuff Wedge Sandal via Nordstrom // Watch: Michael Kors Lexington Watch
What about you? Are you a fan of Nordstrom Rack?! I’d love to hear about your Nordstrom Rack experience (and mega steals/saves!) and see what kind of #shopgenius you are! Join the party by using the ‘#shopgenius’ hashtag and following @nordstromrack on instagram. Also, you might even find yourself featured on the Nordstrom Rack Instagram page!
For my Houston Ladies, I’ve got some special content for you! Yesterday, I went and visited the Nordstrom Rack on Post Oak (near the Galleria) and thought it might be fun to virtually “take you shopping” with me and show you what the store has available RIGHT NOW. I took pictures of a few of my favorite things, focusing on great ideas for gifts and then a few other items (like toiletries) that you might not even know Nordstrom Rack had in their store!
I think part of being a “shopping genius” requires that you be IN THE KNOW. For instance, how silly (aka NOT genius) would you feel if you went shopping on Friday, spent some money, and then found out on Monday that there was a shopping special going on all day that past Saturday. Talk about a bummer – right?!
So for those of you in the Houston area who stick to your create-of-habit tendencies (I’m guilty too!) and shop at all the same places all the time – I thought I’d enlighten you on what the Rack has to offer that you might not have known! Cheers to being a shopping genius! Also, note that there are Rack locations at Bunker Hill and Market at Town Center – just in case the Post Oak location isn’t convenient for you! :)
Starting on top row from left to right:
1. Jonathan Adler Decor – I mean…did you know you could get this awesomeness at the Rack?! I sure didn’t! I was thrilled to see all the cute decor – pictures frames, those match holders I’ve been obsessed with for a year or so now, vases, and more!
2. Designer Wallets and Coin Purses – There’s a whole table FULL of adorable wallets and coin bags by top notch designers such as Marc Jacobs and Kate Spade! These would make a GREAT gift….because who doesn’t want a new wallet to motivate them to re-organize their purse (….do you get like that when you buy/receive a new wallet?! I sure do!)
3. Clean & Clear Products- ummm this is awesome! I typically just buy this stuff at CVS or Walgreens and I’m sure I WAY over pay too! Since I know I’m a major fan of clean and clear rejuvenating face wash and make up remover pads, now I know I can buy at a better price via Nordstrom Rack…while picking up some cute clothes too (ha!)! #ShopGenuis
4. Cosmetic Bags – These might be my favorite idea for a cute graduation gift! They had adorable ones by Trina Turk, Marc Jacobs and Jonathan Adler that I was itching to buy for myself. And there were some really cute solid-colored ones that would be adorable with a BIG monogram!! I mean….I wish I was graduating! (ha!)
5. More Toiletries!
7. High-End Shampoo – I use several different shampoos because I like to switch it up but this stuff is one of my favorites (especially because the conditioner tingles your scalp and it feels good! ha!)… and wait a second – is that a T3 Hairdryer I see there? I have this dryer and I love it.
8. Stila Cosmetics – Stila is becoming one of my favorite cosmetic brands (for lipstick in particular). I’m a little obsessed with their stay-all-day lipsticks and wear them in almost every post (if you haven’t noticed already!)
Brighton Your Day
Get exclusive content, sale items, and lots of fun stuff, straight to your inbox!