To keep on with this whole health kick that I seem to be on, I thought it’d be fun to write out some ways to be healthier in 10 minutes or less. Because I know a big reason people (me included) fall off the health wagon is because of time. I’ve been trying some of the items off this list and of course being healthier in my spare time, and I’ve gotta admit, I’m doing pretty well! Feeling really good lately! Not all of these have to do with eating and exercise, but overall health – since that’s the important part!
1. Drink hot lemon water 30 minutes before eating anything in the morning.
2. See how long you can jump rope before messing up. LOL. I actually am going to try this later this week; I literally just ordered a jump rope on Amazon.
3. Speed walk around the block a few times. This is totally my go-to. And then I usually end up going a little bit longer because I sort of get into it. But telling myself it’s only around the block helps get me moving!
4. Make a protein + healthy fat snack, like an apple with almond butter or veggies and hummus.
5. Chug a big glass of water.
6. Hold a plank for a set of commercials.
7. Use the Headspace app for one of their 10-minute meditations. I used to be weirded about by the whole idea of meditating. But I actually have been exploring it (just a bit!) and I’m interested. Not into it, but I’m interested.
8. Wipe down all your tech.
9. Take necessarily supplements and vitamins. (see this post if you want to read more about vitamins and such)
10. Do a few rounds of yoga sun salutations.
11. Apply sunscreen to your face, hands, neck, and whatever will be showing before heading out.
12. Drink a cup of green tea after eating for digestion.
13. Take 10 deeps breaths in and hold your breath for a few seconds before releasing each time.
14. Write down everything that’s on your mind. Y’all know I’m such a brain dump junkie. I can’t get enough and basically do one every single day. It’s like therapy for me!
15. Stretch for an entire 10 minutes. This is harder than you may think!
16. Make a green smoothie and get in a bunch of nutrients. I’ve actually never done this, but it’s on my short list of things to try. Although I have a feeling the taste will FOR SURE scare me away.
17. Call your doctor or dentist and make that lingering appointment. But really, you need to take care of yourself. You can do it! If anything, at least go to the dentist!
18. Diffuse essential oils to cleanse the air, especially as flu season sneaks up. I’ll admit, I don’t actually do this. But it’s ALSO on my short list of things to try mostly because everyone and their mother keeps telling me about it. Do you use essential oils? I feel like I’m on the outside of a party that everyone else is in on, but it’s like too late to walk in. I know that’s silly, but just saying.
19. Get up from your desk and set an alarm for 10 minutes. Don’t stop moving – walk up and down steps, do squats, roam the streets, just move!
20. Schedule out your workouts for the next week. I’m mostly preaching this to myself. This week I’m making a commitment to myself to walk every single day – even if it’s just for 20 minutes!
OK those are my ideas – can you share any of yours?!
Brighton Your Day
Get exclusive content, sale items, and lots of fun stuff, straight to your inbox!
Thank you for subscribing!