I don’t know if y’all saw my #humblebrag on Insta Stories the other day, but I posted a photo of me from early 2017. And I gotta say, I was looking pretty freaking FIT! It was when I was on a 3-day-a-week workout schedule and working with a personal trainer, and I didn’t realize how in shape I was until I got out of shape. Aka comparing that photo to me now. But that’s OK!
We all need motivational boosts, and especially this time of year, I know a lot of us are looking for those. Whether it’s an older photo of you or a picture of someone else whose body you admire, I love the idea of having an image in our brains. And as I’m vowing to get back to regular workouts, y’all know I had to do some shopping to take the motivation next level. We all get more motivated to work out if we like our workout gear right?
And while I was at it, I wanted to round up not only really cute pieces, but brands that actually FEEL GOOD to sweat in. No matter how cute something is, y’all, I won’t wear it if it’s not comfy. I just can’t. The below brands are functional, good quality and pretty dang cute.
- Outdoor Voices – If you’ve seem a girl at the gym in really pretty, simple, almost earthy looking workout gear, it’s probably Outdoor Voices. They’re like the new cool kid in the workout brand world and I’m in love. I have a few of their items like their two-toned leggings and find that they’re not only great for working out, but for looking decent when wearing the clothes all day. And for some reason I have a hard time finding classic soft t-shirts to workout in that aren’t dry-fit, and they have awesome ones.
- Lululemon – Duh. They’re expensive, but they’re amazing. I’ve been telling y’all about the Align pants, and I’ll argue with anyone who says there’s a better workout pant. Because there isn’t! I’ve been obsessed with these leggings and find that they stay in place, aren’t see through, are comfortable, and last forever. Sold.
- Beyond Yoga – I don’t do yoga but I love this line. Very flattering material, simple and classic pieces that feel good to workout in. Or run around town and pretend you did. This crop sweater is among my favorites and it’s perfect to layer over gym stuff if it’s cold out. Isn’t it perfect?! I even really like their loungewear for working from home. I found this line via Nordstrom and haven’t stopped buying it since.
- Zella – Another brand that I found via Nordstrom. I find this to be a really great option for mid-level pricing. Their inventory is pretty huge, so you can get whatever style items you like. From printed leggings to crisscross sweatshirts (love that!) , this is a fun brand to workout in. And their stuff is excellent quality.
- Alo Yoga – Again, another yoga line that doesn’t have to be worn for just yoga people. I first fell in love with their sports bras because they are supportive but not like neon green and crazy sporty you know? They’re pretty! I’ve since tried a pair of their leggings and liked them, so I’ll definitely be back for more from this line.
- Onzie – I’m obsessed with this tank from them and wear it almost weekly. I like that this line is really aesthetically pleasing while being good quality and something you can sweat in. But again, it doesn’t feel overly sporty.
- Alala – This is actually the brand I’ wearing in these photos and how amazing are the pieces? I think they’re so fun! A friend told me about Alala and I’ve ordered a few things since. They’re based on NYC street style and you can definitely tell from their merchandise. I love this sports bra and this cropped tank. I want the whole line though.
- Koral – If you want a little glam in your gym outfit, you’ll enjoy Koral. They use a lot of lux, metal material that gives an urban vibe (like these leggings). I think this line looks really cool at the gym or for an athleisure look.
Brighton Your Day
Get exclusive content, sale items, and lots of fun stuff, straight to your inbox!
Thank you for subscribing!