Much like the photos of Four’s nursery, I have had these photos just sitting on my computer for months and have been meaning to sit down and write this post. My recent recommitment to getting consistent blog posts up has been just the inspiration I’ve needed to knock of a lot of the blog posts I’ve been sitting on.
You might remember I shared the plans we had for our kitchen back in this post from January! While the kitchen was perfectly fine, we wanted to make a few minor changed for it to better fit our vibe.
We made the following changes to our Kitchen:
- Installed these pendants over the island
- Changed the backsplash – it’s is by Clé
- Switched out the island legs to have a more modern, less traditional design. We had these custom made by our cabinet maker
- Replaced the hardware to these
- Installed a different faucet by Waterstone
- Installed sconces over the windows
- Installed window treatments (custom)
- Painted the island a different color, Benjamin Moore Black Magic
- Switched the sink for a farm sink. The one that was there was about 50% the size and it was stainless steal.
We’d originally planned to paint the cabinets a creamier color but ultimately decided to keep them the original color, Benjamin Moore White Heron. It doesn’t sound like we did a lot, but somehow it took such a long time! We still don’t have the panel door on our freezer. I think everyone is super backed up from 2020! Regardless, I truly could not imagine doing a full on home remodel – I think I would lose my mind! I’ve got so much respect for people who can manage that and stay sane at the same time!
- Artwork on kitchen counter is from Studio McGee
- Wooden bowl is old but here are similar from Studio McGee and Target
- Marble Cookbook holder is from Williams Sanoma
- Pot holding wooden spoons is vintage
- Bar Stools are old from Market (they were in our Denver kitchen)
Below is the planning board I used when mapping everything out for the kitchen! It turned out pretty much exactly how I thought it would. I’d love to add beams and maybe some additional styling elements but for the most part, we love it and are happy with how it turned out!
We weren’t able to install the faucet I LOVED because the guys drilled the hole in the island in the wrong spot. So we’d have to buy an entirely new slab if I wanted the faucet I’d originally picked out. So we had to pick another one unfortunately.
Brighton Your Day
Get exclusive content, sale items, and lots of fun stuff, straight to your inbox!
Thank you for subscribing!