Topshop white Camisole (wear this thing WAY too much! it’s THE BEST) // Chartreuse pleated midi skirt (wearing size 0P) // Baublebar Pink bon bon drop earrings // blush pink lipstick by MAC in color: ‘Snob’ // Chloe Drew Bag // Dee Keller Portia Pumps (old) // for details on my bedroom, check out my bedroom reveal post with ALL THE DETAILS here
Hi friends! Wow has it been a crazy past few weeks! But then again, don’t I say that every time?!
I think it’s safe to say that I like things a little crazy – keyword being “little”.
When I think about it, I’m pretty type-A in theory. But I think in reality (or from the outside looking in), my life and the way I do things is very much NOT type-A (or type-B for that matter lol – I’m more like a type-Z or type-K haha).
There’s something about the chaos that I love and keep coming back to – no matter how hard I try to run away, control or systemize the crazy. Are any of you like that?
It’s like, I love the idea of things being neat and in order. Until they are, and then I’m like…I’m bored – let’s chat it up a bit! And then I push myself slash my life into that organized chaos territory. Am I making any sense lol?
Anyway, moving on. Since I’ve been using my “BTD WEEKLY” series as a way of keeping you guys updated on what’s been going on and coming up, I’m going to do the same for this one :)
Updates + Upcoming Content + Follow Up
- Side braid tutorial – done! check it out here!
- Hair extensions (answering all your questions) – done! check out the post (and I LOVE the outfit too! here!)
- City Guide – Highlands, NC city guide
- Hotel Review – my trip to the Ritz Carlton Reynolds Plantation
- Undergarments blog post – done! Check it out to see my round up of all the essential under “things” every girl should have in her closet (every type of bra + underwear + etc.) and my favorite picks for each type.
- Hair Volume tips (next Tuesday!) – finally getting around to answering all your questions on how to get more volume in your hair! blog post coming your way next Tuesday so stay tuned! If you follow me on Snapchat, then you saw I finally took the photos for this post yesterday
- Snapchat Bible Study – still not sure what the heck to do about this. If you have no idea what I’m talking about, it’s a long story but basically I mentioned over a month ago I wanted to do some type of bible study and share it on Snapchat…then a few things happened (which you might have gotten the scoop on if you followed me on Snap, but basically I had a breakup). Long story short, the bible study was sort of put on the back burner. But I haven’t forgotten about it :)
- Memorizing Romans 8 – I’ve been doing this in my own time, but randomly decided last week to invite y’all to join me in this. If you’re doing it with me, comment below so you can let other blog readers know you’re in! honestly, if I get enough excitement from y’all, maybe I’ll make it a blog thing too? I’m just playing off of what y’all get excited about!
- Business Casual outfits – I’ve been getting lots of engagement and interest from y’all regarding more inspiration for business casual outfits so rest assured, this is coming your way. I’m working on a MEGA post of sorts and then several other posts as well! I’ve 2 outfits on deck that I hope to publish asap (next week). But in the meantime, if you saw my post about the lush tunic, there was one (quasi) business casual outfit included in the 3 looks I styled :) PLEASE comment below with any specific industry questions or ANYTHING you want me to focus on as I plan out this content vertical for the next few months! Seriously – you gotta ask or I don’t know :)
- Fall Essentials / What To Buy Now – I’m currently working on this and hope to get it finished this week! be on the lookout for it on the blog next week! Anything specific you want tips/guidance/suggestions on?
- Upcoming trip to Seattle – as a heads up, I’ll be in Seattle all next week! Send along your city recs if you have any! I’ll be doing a city guide of course! but will be spending A LOT of my time in the outskirts of the city going on hikes and such :)
Mimi Chica Chambray Swing Dress (under $50 – and I LOVEEEEE the fit of this dress!! Trust me, it’s SO CUTE) // Baublebar ‘Venus’ Necklace // Splendid ‘Dallis’ Wedges (60% OFF) // Louis Vuitton Neverfull Tote
Socialite High Neck Dress ($32! Also got this in black and olive green!) // Baublebar Circular Drop Earrings (how CUTE are these earrings?!) // BP. Summers Wedge // Bare Minerals Matte Lipstick and Lipgloss // MAC ‘Mineralize’ Highlighting Powder// Louis Vuitton Neverfull Tote
Lush Side Slit Tunic (I have this in 5 colors and wear it WAY TOO MUCH!)// AG ‘The Legging’ Jeans // Baublebar Collar Necklace (LOVE the colors of this necklace!) // Splendid ‘Dallis’ Wedges (these are actually on stupid crazy sale right now or last I checked)
Did you see my blog post from a few weeks ago where I styled my favorite tunic top 3 different ways? This is one of the ways I styled it – for business casual attire!
This photo is from my trip to Highlands, North Carolina (city guide for all things Highlands this way). From my trip and all the working out I’ve been doing (or trying to do lol), I wrote about 5 different outdoor activities good for your mind and body in this post if you missed it!
Zella Transformation Tank (40% OFF and comes in 6 colors!) // Zella Breathable Sports Bra (got this in 3 other colors last week because I love how this fits so much!)// Zella ‘Live In’ Leggings (the most comfy leggings and suck you in oh so good!)
Another look from the post where I styled my favorite tunic top 3 different ways.
Bobeau Mixed Media Sweatshirt (UNDER $50!) // AG ‘The Legging’ Jeans // Sole Society ‘Rhea’ Sandal (been wearing these like crazy and get so many compliments too! So comfy and great price!) // Gucci Soho Crossbody (newest investment piece! LOVE the color and the size of it!)
Zella ‘Vibration’ Tank (really long if you like long workout tanks to cover your rear lol) // Zella Starlight Cross Back Sports Bra (LOVE the back of this bra but it is a little low in the front since it has a little V-ish neckline to it) // Koral Active Leggings // Nike ‘Air Zoom’ Sneakers (I have these in 3 colorways – LOVE)
Wayf Peasant Blouse (also comes in a super cute floral colorway, but I’ll say that it kind of comes a little low in front so I’d wear a camisole or bandeau or tie it) // AG ‘The Legging’ Jeans // Sole Society ‘Rhea’ Sandals // Baublebar XL Monogram Necklace // Gucci Soho Crossbody
Express Black Crop Top // ASTR Faux Suede Skirt (LOVE! runs a little big I think – wearing XS) // Prada Pointy Pumps (one of my fave investment pieces) // Baublebar XL Monogram Necklace // Chloe ‘Mini Drew’ Bag // Baublebar ‘Nightlight’ Earrings
Finally shared my tutorial on how to do a side braid – if you missed it, check it out here!
Went to Reynolds Plantation a few weeks ago – did you see my review of the resort?! It’s a great spot for a weekend escape only a little over an hour outside of Atlanta!
Another shot from Highlands, NC from the Whiteside hike – ugh I love this spot SO MUCH!
Now It’s YOUR Turn – Let’s Hear IT!
Hope you enjoyed the roundup! Before sending you off, I wanted to recap all the questions I have for you. Hearing from you (and engaging with you in general!) makes blogging SO MUCH MORE FUN. So if you want to show your support or that you’re on the BTD team, comment below and answer or weigh in on any of the following questions I asked in the beginning. To recap them, let me summarize:
- Snapchat Bible Study – are you still interested? But for starters, do you follow on snap? and do you think snap is even the best place to do this lol?
- Memorizing Romans 8 – would you want to see more of this on snapchat? How would you like me to share this journey on the blog if at all? AND are you doing it with me? Would you like to have more accountability or are you fine just doing it alongside?
- Business Casual outfits – any specific industry questions? Seriously – you gotta ask or I don’t know!
- Fall Essentials / What To Buy Now – anything specific you want tips/guidance/suggestions on?
- Upcoming trip to Seattle (next week) – I’ll be doing a city guide of course! comment with your suggestions! have you done any surrounding hikes? that’s what I’m most excited about? where did you stay? anything that I MUST see while there? (I don’t like touristy things lol)
Brighton Your Day
Get exclusive content, sale items, and lots of fun stuff, straight to your inbox!
Thank you for subscribing!