This week’s list of 5 things I liked, saw, did, noticed, etc. – enjoy!
1. I came across this article on the NYTimes and wanted to share it with you…here’s an excerpt that resonated with me. I can really back this up with experience, as I’m sure you can too. But for some reason, I continue to ignore this simple, blatant truth and stupidly think I’m invincible and don’t need sleep. But for some reason, I end up learning the hard way over and over again! I wish I could figure out a way to incorporate working out into my daily routine – I think that would really help keep me balanced. What do you do to maintain balance, renew your energy, and boost your productivity?
(graphic by yours truly)
2. My jaw dropped when I saw this rooftop lounge area while browsing my recent Pinterest feed…must have been a beautiful wedding!
3. Loved this printable that Ashley posted for Valentines Day – SO cute and creative!
4. I was actually able to find (more like I had to CREATE/MAKE time) for journaling and legitimate quiet time this week. I can’t even explain how rejuvenating and peaceful it was. It also made me much more positive and happy. Imagine that? I always listen to christian music on my way to work, but actually sitting down and spending TIME in the Word is SO much more powerful. It not only makes me feel joyful, but it usually enhances my prayers and my overall “faith experience” if that makes sense. But like most things that require discipline, I’ll admit that it’s easier said than done!
image credit: Anastasia
5. Oh, and I’m thinking about cutting my hair shorter! (eeek!!!) I don’t know though, I’m sure I’ll chicken out! But after talking to my friend Molly this past weekend and seeing how cute hers looks, I’m thinking about it. How stinking cute is THIS haircut below?
image credit: image shack